How to pick the best promotional products to gift in 2020: A quick guide
Oct 13, 2020
By Eva Reinoso Tejada :::
No doubt this year has been one for the books. Businesses are navigating all the challenges of the pandemic and trying to reinvent their marketing strategies to get though the pandemic. The most important goal a business must achieve is to remain in front of their customers, even under these special circumstances. Being present via email, providing updates on production or changes on services and remaining active and empathic on social media are a must.
Another powerful tool to be remembered by customers is gifting promotional products. This year, many conferences, festivals, and tradeshows were cancelled or moved online, but for the holidays, there are perfect gifts that can be delivered to our customers to remind them that they are important.
“Promotional products are powerful, both as effective forms of communication and as useable, necessary tools,” says a study published by PPAI Research.
The study explains how “seamlessly promotional products integrate into life, impacting the daily routines of the recipients,” and states that 91% of those interviewed had at least one promotional product in their kitchen; 74% had at least one product in their work area: and 55% had at least one product in their bedroom closet or storage space.
But here is the big question: What should we gift our customers who already have dozens of pens and keychains in their drawers? I answered this question with the same logic I use when I buy a gift for someone’s birthday. I like to give presents that meet one or more of these requirements:
1) Are useful, where the recipient can solve a problem or meet a need by using it.
2) Make life easier or simplified, by promoting efficiency or saving space, or by stellar multitaskers.
3) Are trending (cool), as in “everyone wants to have one”, or are appropriate for the season, or the times.
With those three thoughts in mind, I used all my powers to find a few items that I would like to receive these holidays, from a vendor, employer or business partner, here they are:
1. Planner / notepad / journal: What I like about this promo product is that it will be around for at least a year, and people just need to keep notes, so I will always be a necessity and a keeper. It also offers a generous imprint area, where your logo and message can be displayed with ink, or with an elegant foil imprint.
2. Purity Wireless Charger with UV-C Chamber: In a time when keeping germs out of our lives is an everyday task, this item will have the dual function of a charger and sanitizer for small electronics an a sanitizer for small objects like car keys, etc. I would never forget receiving such a valuable gift like this one.
3. No-Touch Protection Tool with Stylus: Talk about a clever little gadget. This pocket-size plastic tool can be used to open doors (push and pull), open drawers, and with a rubber stylus point, you won’t have to touch screens for a signature or to complete a transaction. There are many on the market, but I chose this one for two reasons: It has a large imprint area, to fit your logo / message more visibly, and it is very affordable.
4. Silicone Pyramid Phone Holder Pad: If you are trying to watch a movie or even survive a zoom meeting on your phone, but need your hands free, this is the product to get. Available in a variety of bright colors, this gift will cause an impression. You can boost morale for your team, or just remain on your customer’s mind for a long time. It is made of soft silicone, so it can be squeezed around when stress kicks in.
As your local promotional product distributor, designer and printer, I will be glad to find the perfect product for your business and for your budget. Image Impressions is just a phone call away. 303-308-9444.